17 Feb Student IDs Go Digital in 2022
This year Pakuranga College is supplying free digital IDs to students, making the hassle of lost ID cards a thing of the past.
Digital IDs will be held on the highly secure Yoti app and will be accepted on all forms of public transportation run by Auckland Transport. Now when boarding buses, trains and ferries, students will present their digital ID on their phones.
All data is securely encrypted for privacy, and in the event of a lost or broken phone, a digital ID can be restored to a new phone in minutes.
Students will need to follow the instructions below to access their digital ID, which will be available to download from Monday 21 February.
- Download Yoti from Google Play or the App Store
- Open and select “Create My Yoti”
- Select age (13 and over)
- Add your mobile number and verify using the code sent
- Create a 5-digit pin
- Scan your face
- Set a recovery email address
- Click on “Personal Details”
- Click “Email”
- Type in your school email address and select “Other”
- Verify email using the code sent
- Click on “Photo” and take a selfie
- Click on “My Yoti” (bottom left of screen)
- Click “Show Student ID” and check name, date of birth are correct
If your child’s digital ID contains any incorrect information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical IDs are still available for those who need a card, at a cost of $7. Please email email@example.com for more information.